Your comprehensive guide on how to make money online in Kenya.
Let’s face it. Inflation got us all thinking about ways to make some extra income.
A side hustle, as many would call it.
Naturally, many people gravitate towards online jobs, as they are convenient and flexible. Plus, the pay is often rewarding.
However, with the rise of online scams and fraudulent job postings, knowing which opportunities are legitimate is essential. Fortunately, there are many genuine ways to work online in Kenya, which I will list in this article.
Why should you take my advice?
Well, I have been working online for about eight years now. I have worked as a business blogger, social media marketer, transcriber, virtual assistant, and, lately, an affiliate marketer. I’m also the founder of this blog, Travel Moran. So I know a thing or two about remote jobs, and I can help you earn a decent living working online.
A Little Background on How I Started With Working Online
I love telling this story so people know how I started working online in Kenya.
Think of it as a motivation.
I moved to Nairobi in 2013 after having just had my son. This was my first time to come to the city – and if you’re from a town like Bungoma, you know how that feels. The skyscrapers, busy streets, jam – oh, trust me. It feels good to see the “infamous jam” when you’re from the upcountry.
I got used to all that, and now it was time to find something to do. Naturally, I desired to work in one of the big companies like EABL or Mombasa Cement (I have a diploma in chemical engineering). So I sent out my CVs here and there, but nothing.
That was depressing – and I have a feeling you understand.
In my quest to find work, I came across a company in town looking for transcribers. The joke on me – I had no idea what transcribers do. But since the company stated they offered on-job training and needed zero experience, I submitted my application.
I got in.
Long story short – that’s how my journey of working online in Kenya started. I will talk more about transcribing later on in this article.
Moving From Employment to Working as a Freelancer
The company had lots of clients from around the world and was always looking for freelancers to work for them.
But they had a lot of turnovers. I quit within two months. Imagine kuchapa job kutoka 6:30 am hadi 7:00 pm jioni, alafu editor ana “munch” job yako juu alipata errors here and there. Kumunch meaning yeye ndio analipwa for the work. Alafu ikifika end month, una earn kitu $90. Ata kama ni wewe ungekaa?
So I quit.
But God ni nani maze? A few days later, a friend was fixing something on my laptop and saw the app (Express Scribe) I was using to transcribe and got curious. He asked what I used the app for, and I explained it to him. He told me he had seen the same app on his friend’s computer – so he linked us. And that’s how I learned about transcription accounts.
Bless his soul.
So I got one account, and to my amusement, made my first $1000 in one month. Don’t be shocked by that figure – it is normal for freelancers to make that in a week or two.
If you’re wondering whether you can make a living working online, I am walking proof. It just takes effort, desire to learn, and consistency.
I hope my story motivates you – and I will tell you more in subsequent articles. But for now, let’s get down to what we’re here for – ways to make money online in Kenya.
Ways to make money online in Kenya
- Online writing or copywriting
- Academic writing
- Social media management
- Work as a virtual assistant
- Drop-ship items
- Web Designing
- Become an Instagram influencer
- List your spare bedroom on Airbnb
- Affiliate marketing
- Become a private tutor
- Offer translation services
- Taking surveys
- Doing voice-overs
- Sell stock photos and videos
- Self-publish an e-book
- Sell things on jiji or Jumia
- Start a YouTube channel
- Get a babysitting gig
- Drive for Uber, Lyft
Legitimate Ways to Make Money in Kenya
Here are my top choices for how to make money online in Kenya legitimately.
Become a Transcriber
I will start with transcription because … well, you guessed right; it was my first online work.
Transcription is a popular way to make money online in Kenya, especially if you have good listening and typing skills. It involves listening to audio or video files and transcribing them into written text. Many businesses, organizations, and individuals need transcribers to convert recorded content into text for various purposes, including legal, medical, academic, and entertainment.
How to Get Started as a Transcriptionist in Kenya
Transcription is all about listening and typing. A client sends you an audio or video recording of a webinar, podcast, summon, prayer, class lesson, etc.; your work is to listen and type whatever is being said. It’s easy, especially if you’re good with accents. Besides, you won’t break a sweat with the latest software like Temi that converts audio and video files to written texts. You’ll only need to do the editing and formatting part, which is pretty straightforward.
Here are a few tips on how to work online as a transcriptionist in Kenya:
Get the Right Tools for the Job
Before starting your transcription work, it’s essential to make sure you have the right tools for the job. These include
- A good quality computer: Get a laptop or desktop with a fast processor and enough memory to handle large audio or video files.
- Transcription software: There are several transcription software options available, such as Express Scribe and oTranscribe, that allow you to control audio playback speed, rewind, and fast-forward. You can also add Temi, which transcribes the work for you.
- A reliable internet connection: Since most transcription work is done online, you’ll need a reliable and fast internet connection to upload and download files.
- Good quality headphones: You’ll need a pair of headphones to listen to the audio or video files you’re transcribing. Look for headphones with good sound quality and noise-cancellation features to improve accuracy.
- A transcription foot pedal (optional): A foot pedal allows you to control audio playback with your feet, freeing up your hands to type. While not essential, it can make your work more efficient.
Improve your Typing and Listening Skills
As a transcriptionist, your typing and listening skills are critical to success. If you need to improve your typing speed and accuracy, free online typing courses and tutorials are available. Similarly, you can practice your listening skills by watching videos or listening to audio files and transcribing them on your own.
Choose a Transcription Platform
There are many transcription platforms available online that offer transcription jobs to freelancers. Some popular transcription websites include Rev, TranscribeMe, Ajira, and GoTranscript. You can also work with bidding sites like Fiverr and UpWork or under someone in Kenya as you learn the ropes.
Become an Online Writer in Kenya
I mentioned that I started with transcription. However, I didn’t do it for long. After about two years, I decided to learn a new skill – article writing, and that’s what changed my life. Again, I will talk more about this in my subsequent articles, so please watch out for them.
Online writing is another legitimate way to make money online in Kenya. With the rise of content marketing and the need for high-quality content, businesses and individuals always seek writers to produce blog posts, articles, website copy, and social media content. Writing can be lucrative if you have excellent writing skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
How to Get Started With Online Writing in Kenya
Here are a few tips on how to get started as an online writer in Kenya:
Learn How to Write
If you’re interested in online article writing in Kenya, the first step is to learn. Writing for an online audience can be different from writing for print, so you want to familiarize yourself with the different styles and formats used online. You want to:
- Take article writing courses: Many online courses and resources are available to help you improve your writing skills. Some popular options include Udemy, Skillshare, and Coursera. However, my best advice would be to find someone good at article writing in Kenya and have them train you. A local writer can offer one-on-one coaching and guide you through the steps – and communication will be easier.
- Practice writing: Writing regularly is the best way to improve your skills. Set aside time each day to write, whether it’s a blog post, social media update, or short story.
- Read widely: Reading other people’s content can provide quality insights into structure, style, tone, etc., that you’ll need to build your writing skills. You can find content online or in print (books and magazines).
- Join writing communities: Online writing communities allow you to connect with other writers, get feedback on your work, and learn from experienced writers. Some popular writing communities include Online Article Writers in Kenya and Awesome Transcribers in Kenya.
- Learn about SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) is crucial to online writing. It helps content to be visible on Google, Yahoo, and Bing so that readers can find it. Without SEO, your content might never rank online. Learn about keyword research, on-page optimization, and other SEO techniques.
Identify your Niche
Before you start looking for online writing jobs, it’s essential to identify your niche. A niche is a specific area or topic in which you specialize or have expertise. By identifying your niche, you can market yourself as an expert in that area and attract clients who need content related to that niche. Some popular writing niches include:
- Health and Fitness
- Finance and Business
- Food and Cooking
- Travel and Tourism
- Personal Development
- Fashion and Beauty
Choose a niche that you are passionate about and that you have knowledge of. This will make it easier for you to write and produce high-quality content.
Create a Portfolio
Once you’ve identified your niche, create a portfolio that showcases your writing skills. A portfolio can be a website or blog where you showcase your best writing samples. You can also use online platforms like Medium, LinkedIn, Contena, etc., to create a professional portfolio. A portfolio helps potential clients to see your writing style, the topics and the quality of your work.
Look for Online Writing Jobs
There are many websites and platforms that offer online writing jobs to freelancers in Kenya. Some popular websites include Upwork, Fiverr, ProBlogger and Freelancer. You can also pitch your writing services to businesses and individuals needing your expertise.
Do Academic Writing
Academic writing involves writing research papers, essays, articles, and other academic documents for clients. The primary goal of academic writing is to communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly and concisely. Requirements for academic writing jobs may vary depending on the type of work and client requirements. However, some common requirements for academic writing include the following:
- A strong command of the English language and grammar
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of different academic writing styles, such as APA, MLA, and Chicago
- Ability to follow client instructions and adhere to deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field is often preferred.
If academic writing looks like something you can do, you’ll be pleased to learn that there are several ways to find jobs. Some include:
- Online job boards like Indeed, Glassdoor, Freelancer, Fiverr, Guru, and Upwork
- Academic writing companies like Ultius, EssayShark, and Edusson, which specialize in academic writing
- University job boards that list academic writing positions
- Networking with professors, researchers, and other professionals in your field
The Difference between Online Writing and Academic Writing
Online writing is different from academic writing. While the two need similar skills, they differ in purpose, style, tone, audience, and conventions. For example, academic writing follows conventions and rules, such as formatting requirements (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.), citation styles, and specific organizational structures (such as introduction, literature review, methodology, results, and conclusion). It is also more formal and is intended for a specific academic audience, like professors, researchers, or peers in a particular field. Online writing is mainly meant to inform or entertain a general audience. So the tone is informal, and the writing style is flexible.
Become a Social Media Manager
Social media management is another lucrative job opportunity in Kenya. People always try to promote their products and services on social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter but have no time or knowledge of how to do so. And with 19.3% of the Kenyan population spending time online, there’s never been a better time to become a social media manager in Kenya.
As a social media manager, you’ll handle a brand’s online presence. This includes creating and scheduling content, engaging with followers, running ads, and analyzing social media metrics. As you create, publish, and report on content, you’ll be switching between many different duties. Typically, those include:
- Graphic design
- Creative copywriting
- Content planning
- Community management
- Photography and photo editing
- Analyzing and reporting on content performance
- Shooting and editing video
- Content strategy, usually in cooperation with the larger marketing department
You’ll need many skills to be an excellent social media manager in Kenya. You’ll need to horn your creativity, communication, time management and analytical skills to stay ahead of the curve. As social media constantly evolves, you should also be adaptable and willing to learn new skills.
How to Get Started as a Social Media Manager in Kenya
To get started as a social media manager in Kenya, you can follow these steps:
- Learn social media management skills: Before starting as a social media manager, you’ll need to learn the necessary skills. You can take online courses, read books, or watch tutorials on platforms like YouTube to learn about social media marketing, content creation, analytics, and more. Again, I recommend finding someone good in social media and having them train you.
- Build a portfolio: To showcase your skills and experience, create a portfolio of your work. You can create social media pages for your business or volunteer to manage social media accounts for non-profit organizations.
- Identify your niche: Social media management involves different skills and strategies for different industries. You should identify your niche and specialize in a particular area, such as fashion, beauty, food, or technology.
- Network: Attend industry events, join online groups and forums, and connect with other social media managers to learn from them and build relationships. Networking can help you find job opportunities and learn about new trends and technologies.
- Look for job opportunities: You can find job opportunities on online platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer. You can also contact local businesses and offer your services as a social media manager.
Work as a Virtual Assistant
As a virtual assistant, your primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to clients remotely. This includes email management, scheduling appointments, booking travel arrangements, conducting research, copywriting, transcribing, and even managing social media accounts.
You typically start your day by reviewing your to-do list and checking any urgent emails that may have come in overnight. You then prioritize your tasks and begin working through them. Throughout the day, you may communicate with clients via email or video conference and occasionally make phone calls on their behalf.
One of the things you’ll enjoy about working as a virtual assistant is the variety of tasks you’ll get to do. Every day is different, and you’ll constantly learn new things. Plus, you get to work with clients worldwide, which is a fascinating opportunity. Freelance platforms like Indeed, Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer and remote.co offer VA jobs. But you’ll need the experience to stand out. So as with writing, transcription, and social media management, you’ll need to learn first, then build a portfolio, network and look for opportunities.
Our list of legitimate ways to make money online in Kenya would only be complete with us mentioning dropshipping. This is especially true since we live in a microwave age where people want things delivered straight to their homes. If you’ve dreamt about selling items but had no capital or storage space, dropshipping might be what you need to get started.
Dropshipping is a way to work online and run a business without carrying inventory or handling shipping logistics. In a dropshipping business model, you are the middleman between the supplier and the customer. You sell products on your online store, but the supplier ships the products directly to your customers on your behalf.
Here’s how it works
- Choose a niche: Decide on a niche for your online store, such as fashion, home goods, or electronics.
- Find a supplier: Research and find a supplier that offers dropshipping services for the products you want to sell. Some popular dropshipping platforms include Jumia, Shopify, AliDropship, etc.
- Create an online store: Set up an online store on a platform such as Shopify or WooCommerce. Customize your store with a theme, product descriptions, and images.
- Import products: Import the products you want to sell from your supplier’s website to your online store. Set your prices and product descriptions.
- Promote your store: Use social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and paid advertising to drive traffic and promote your products.
- Fulfil orders: When a customer orders in your store, the supplier ships the product directly to the customer. You pay the supplier for the product and keep the difference between the selling price and the cost of the product as profit.
Dropshipping can be a great way to start an online business without investing in inventory or managing shipping logistics. However, it’s essential to research suppliers carefully and choose products with a high-profit margin to ensure the success of your business.
Design Websites for Money
Web design can be a lucrative freelance opportunity, especially in the current climate where businesses are focusing on their online presence. With more and more people relying on the Internet for their needs, businesses need to have a strong online presence to stay competitive. This presents an opportunity for freelance web designers to offer services to help businesses create or improve their websites.
However, if you don’t have advanced technical skills, you can still get started with web design using website builders such as Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress. These platforms provide templates and easy-to-use drag-and-drop interfaces that allow you to create professional-looking websites without coding.
Become an Instagram Influencer
One of the notions people have is that you have to be a celebrity to earn money through social platforms like Instagram or TikTok. While this is partly true, ordinary people can also make money on TikTok or Instagram. Influencers are often classified into the following groups, each with its pros and cons:
- Celebrity influencers: These are already famous in their own right, such as actors, musicians, or athletes. They have a large following on social media, and their endorsement of a product or service can significantly impact sales.
- Macro-influencers: These are influencers with a large following, usually between 100,000 and 1 million followers. They are often seen as experts in their niche and have a loyal audience that trusts their recommendations.
- Micro-influencers: These influencers have a smaller following, usually between 1,000 and 100,000 followers. They are often more niche-specific and have a highly engaged audience.
- Nano-influencers: These influencers have a very small following, usually between 500 and 1,000 followers. While their reach may be limited, they often have a highly engaged audience that values their opinion and recommendations.
Micro and nano influencers are cost-effective for brands looking to reach a targeted audience. This means you can start earning from your Instagram, even with a small following.
Here are some steps to become an Instagram influencer and start making money online in Kenya:
- Find your niche: Choose a topic or area of interest that you are passionate about, and that has a significant following on Instagram, such as fitness, beauty, travel, or food.
- Build your following: Post high-quality content that is engaging and relevant to your niche. Use hashtags and engage with other users in your niche to grow your following.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and direct messages from your followers. Build a relationship with them and create a community around your niche.
- Collaborate with brands: Reach out to brands in your niche and offer to promote their products to your followers. Alternatively, brands may reach out to you if they see you have a significant following and engagement on your posts.
- Create sponsored content: When you collaborate with brands, create sponsored content that promotes their products or services to your followers. Be transparent about the fact that it is sponsored content and only promotes products that align with your values and niche.
- Build your brand: As you grow your following and become more established as an influencer, you can build your brand and create additional revenue streams, such as selling merchandise or creating digital products.
Becoming a successful Instagram influencer takes time, effort, and consistency. You must create high-quality content that resonates with your audience and build relationships with them. But if you are passionate about your niche and are willing to put in the work, becoming an Instagram influencer can be a way to make money online in Kenya and turn your social media presence into a profitable business.
List your spare bedroom on Airbnb
Another easy way to make money online in Kenya is to list your spare bedroom on Airbnb. Airbnb is an online platform that allows hosts to rent out their properties to guests. By listing your spare bedroom, you can earn money by renting it out to travelers and tourists looking for a place to stay.
First, you must create an Airbnb account and list your spare bedroom on the platform. You will need to describe the room, photos, and the availability of the room. You will also need to set a price for the room and decide on the check-in and check-out times.
Once your listing is live, guests can book your spare bedroom for the needed dates. You can then communicate with them through the Airbnb messaging system to answer any questions they may have and coordinate the check-in process.
Airbnb charges a service fee to both hosts and guests for each booking. As a host, you can earn money by renting out your spare bedroom and providing an excellent experience for your guests. You can also earn additional income by offering additional services, such as breakfast or tours of your city.
Before listing your spare bedroom on Airbnb, research local laws and regulations for short-term rentals in your area. You may need to obtain permits or pay taxes on your income from renting out your spare bedroom.
Venture into Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing can be another great way to make money online in Kenya if you have a website, blog, YouTube Channel or any other platform with an audience. Affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing in which you (the affiliate) earn a commission for promoting someone else’s product or service. You promote the product or service to your audience and earn a commission when someone purchases through your unique affiliate link.
Here’s how affiliate marketing works:
- Choose an affiliate program: First, you must choose an affiliate program that aligns with your interests and niche. Popular affiliate programs include Amazon Associates, ClickBank, Jumia affiliate marketing, Safaricom affiliate program, and Commission Junction.
- Sign up as an affiliate: Once you’ve chosen an affiliate program, sign up and get your unique referral link.
- Promote the product or service: Use your website, social media platforms, email marketing, or other methods to promote the product or service using your unique referral link.
- Earn commissions: When someone clicks on your referral link and makes a purchase, you earn a commission on the sale. Commission rates vary depending on the affiliate program and the product or service sold.
Become an Online Tutor
Now, you’re reading this article on online jobs in Kenya because you want to learn a skill – writing, translation, affiliate marketing, etc. In many cases, you’ll need someone (a tutor) to teach and guide you throughout the process. The point is people are always looking out to learn something, and if you have expertise in a particular subject, you can become an online tutor and make money online. Online tutoring is a great way to share your knowledge with others and help them learn a new skill or subject.
To Get Started as an Online Tutor
- Identify the subject or subjects you are knowledgeable in and feel confident teaching. You can choose from various subjects, such as academic subjects like Kiswahili, math, science, and English, or skills-based subjects like music, art, or programming.
- Create a profile on online tutoring platforms such as Chegg, TutorMe, Preply, etc., or create your website to advertise your services. You can also promote your services on social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Decide whether to offer one-on-one sessions, group classes, or pre-recorded video lessons.
- Determine your rates – you can charge by the hour or session, and rates can vary depending on the subject and level of expertise required.
To be successful as an online tutor, you should have strong communication skills, be patient, and be able to explain complex concepts in a simple and understandable manner. You should also be able to adapt to different learning styles and provide personalized attention to each student.
Taking surveys online is an easy way to earn extra cash in Kenya. Companies are always looking for feedback on their products and services and are willing to pay for them. You can sign up for survey websites like Branded Surveys, Survey Junkie, Swagbucks, MyPoints, Inboxdollars, and Kashkick and start taking surveys.
- You need a computer or smartphone with internet access
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You may need to create a profile and fill out demographic information
Tips to Get Started
- Sign up for multiple survey websites to increase your earning potential
- Check your email regularly for survey invitations
- Be honest in your answers, as inconsistent responses may lead to disqualification
- Look for high-paying surveys, and prioritize those with shorter completion times
Do Voice Overs
If you have a good voice, you can make money by doing voice-overs for videos, commercials, or audiobooks. You can sign up for voice-over marketplaces like Voices.com or Fiverr, create a profile, and start looking for jobs.
- You need a decent microphone and recording software
- You must have a clear and articulate speaking voice
- You may need to create a demo reel to showcase your skills
Tips to Get Started
- Practice recording your voice and editing the audio
- Research the market rates for voice-over work to set your prices
- Create a professional profile and demo reel to showcase your skills
- Look for jobs that match your voice type and style
Sell Stock Photos and Videos
If you have a talent for photography or videography, you can make money online by selling your work as stock photos or videos. You can sign up for stock photo websites like Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, or iStock, and upload your photos or videos for sale.
- You need a good quality camera or smartphone with a good camera
- You must have a good eye for composition and lighting
- You may need to edit your photos or videos to enhance their quality
Tips to Get Started
- Research the market demand for stock photos and videos
- Shoot a variety of subjects and styles to appeal to a broader audience
- Edit your photos or videos to enhance their quality
- Tag your photos or videos with relevant keywords to increase their visibility
Self-publish an E-book
If you have a writing talent, you can self-publish an e-book and sell it on Amazon or other online platforms. You can write on any topic you are knowledgeable about, and you don’t need to be an expert writer to get started.
- You need to write a well-written and engaging e-book
- You need to create a cover image or hire someone to do it for you
- You need to format your e-book correctly for the platform you want to sell it on
Tips to Get Started
- Research the market demand for e-books in your niche
- Write a high-quality e-book that offers value to your readers
- Create an eye-catching cover image that reflects your e-book’s content
- Format your e-book correctly for the platform you want to sell it on
Sell things on Jiji or Jumia
Jiji and Jumia are two of the largest online marketplaces in Kenya. If you have items to sell, you can list them on these platforms and reach a broad audience. Here’s how to get started:
- A camera to take pictures of your items for sale
- A valid email address to create an account
- A bank account or M-Pesa number to receive payments
- Good communication skills
Tips to Get Started
- Research the items you want to sell and their prices on Jiji or Jumia
- Take clear photos of your items and write detailed descriptions
- Write detailed and accurate descriptions of your items
- Be responsive to potential buyers and provide excellent customer service
- Offer competitive prices and promotions to attract buyers
Start a YouTube channel
YouTube is a platform where you can create and upload videos to share with the world. If you’re passionate about something and have the knowledge to share, you can start a YouTube channel and monetize your content. Here’s how to get started:
- A camera or smartphone with good video quality
- Good communication skills
- Video editing software to edit your videos
- Good lighting and audio quality (get a quality microphone)
- Create a Google AdSense account to monetize your content
Tips to Get Started
- Research your topic and see what kind of content is already out there
- Invest in good-quality equipment and software to create high-quality videos
- Create a posting schedule and stick to it
- Engage with your audience and respond to comments
- Promote your channel on social media and other platforms
Get a Babysitting Gig
If you enjoy spending time with kids, you can make money by offering babysitting services to parents. The night gigs are particularly lucrative, especially for couples looking to spend an evening out alone without kids.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or training in babysitting or childcare
- A valid ID or background check
- Basic first-aid knowledge
- Be trustworthy and reliable
Tips to Get Started
- Advertise your services on social media or local community groups
- Create a portfolio of your experience and references
- Set a reasonable rate for your services
- Be punctual and professional when meeting with potential clients
- Build relationships with families and ask for referrals
Drive for Uber or Lyft
Last on our list of legitimate ways to make money online in Kenya is driving for Uber and Lyft. Uber and Lyft are ride-sharing platforms where you can sign up to be a driver and make money by giving people rides.
- A car that meets the requirements of the ride-sharing service
- A valid driver’s license
- Car insurance
- A smartphone with the ride-sharing app installed
- Good driving record
Tips to Get Started
- Research the requirements and regulations for driving for Uber or Lyft in your area
- Make sure your vehicle is in good condition and meets the platform’s requirements
- Provide a safe and comfortable ride for passengers
- Set a flexible schedule and take advantage of surge pricing to maximize your earnings
- Keep your car clean and well-maintained
- Follow the ride-sharing service’s guidelines and regulations
- Build a positive reputation and ask for good ratings and tips
Watch Out for Money Making Scams
It is essential to be cautious when looking for ways to make money online in Kenya. Unfortunately, many scams promise easy money but end up being a waste of time or, even worse, a way to steal your personal information or money.
Here are some tips to help you avoid scams and stay safe:
- Do your research: Before getting involved in any money-making opportunity, research to ensure it is legitimate. Look for reviews and check the company’s website for information about its history, reputation, and business practices.
- Never pay to join: A legitimate money-making opportunity should never require you to pay a fee to join or participate. Be wary of any program or offer that asks for money upfront.
- Don’t give out personal information: Be careful about your personal information, especially financial information. Legitimate companies never ask for your bank account or credit card information upfront.
- Trust your instincts: If something seems too good to be true or feels shady, it probably is. Trust your instincts and walk away if you feel uncomfortable or unsure about an opportunity.
- Stay informed: Keep up to date with the latest scams and online security threats by following reputable sources of information, such as government agencies, consumer protection groups, and news outlets.
By being cautious and informed, you can protect yourself from scams and find legitimate ways to make money online in Kenya. Contact me today if you need help getting started with working online in Kenya. I can help connect you to the right people.